Fully automated – requires only routine checking and servicing.
Cost effective operation and maintenance programs ensure that you are able to meet your triple bottom line performance requirements.
No need to transport chemicals around the country.
No need to store chemicals on site.
Self-cleaning – longer service life and reduced operating/running costs.
Solar/in-situ/wind powered options – for rural and isolated applications.
Significantly reduces water discharge.
Tends pH to neutral – reducing the need/ cost for pH correction chemicals (if applicable).
Easy integration of the cell into existing water circuits and the electronic control into existing management systems.
Maintains set chlorine levels.
No calibration required.
Self Cleaning Technology
The Hydro-dis® system can be fully automated, significantly reducing maintenance. This is achieved through innovative design where the cell is constantly being cleaned by the action of the water passing through it, increasing the operational efficiency of the cells, extending cell life and significantly reducing the lifecycle cost of the equipment. The Hydro-dis® technology allows easy integration into existing water circuits, causing minimal down time and disruption.
How We Do It
We achieve this by conducting a detailed site specific analysis and matching the revolutionary Hydro-dis ® water disinfection system to individual requirements, allowing Hydro-dis ® to reduce or eliminate water treatment chemicals dependent upon the application. Due to the way the Hydro-dis® system is controlled, the disinfection of reclaimed water occurs so that much needed nutrients (nitrogen and phosphorus etc.) are not destroyed by the disinfection system, which often happens with chemical dosing systems.
- Significantly reduced service requirements resulting from robust cell configuration.
- Greater chlorine production in low chloride and low TDS feed water as the latest Generation 3 design can operate at higher voltage than the previous Generation 2 Cell, providing more flexibility of the cell’s automatic control with changing water quality – particularly relevant for seasonal water quality variations
- Significantly reduced propensity for fouling as virtually no pressure drop retains high velocity on all wetted surface areas.
- Generation 3 Cell has completely uniform electrical flux density over entire cell – no edge effects that concentrate deposit formation which can reduce cell efficiency.
- Very compact design allowing smaller footprint for the same plate area as Generation 2 Cell – particularly relevant in larger installations. The cell is supplied with 40mm FIP isolating valves at the inlet and outlet of the cell.
- Utilises existing cell controller electronics, allowing retro-fit of Generation 2 installations with Generation 3 cells without changing the electronics.
- Gen 3 utilizes a powder coated steel control box with a two-line LCD panel and separate Operational Status and alarm LED indicators. The general alarm indicator has remote alarm capability for external activation.
Basic Generation 3 Installation Inclusions
- Maric Flow Control Valve to maintain constant volume through the cell, independent of pressure variations of the feed water.
- Temperature monitoring of the feed water to protect the cell, pumps etc. from temperature extremes which can reduce chlorine production or damage equipment.
- Temperature monitoring of the control electronics and power supply to prevent damage by overheating.
- Non-invasive vortex type flow ow monitor to detect feed water low flow to protect pumps and cell.
- Water pressure indicator.
- Three phase power supply (5kW) enabling high flexibility of power supply to the cell to compensate for water quality (primarily TDS) variations.
- Powder coated steel control enclosure.
- Improved operational status data by the two-line LCD panel and separate LED run and alarm indicators.
- Two 40mm FIP isolating valves, allowing easy and quick cell removal.
- Software for SCADA or BMS integration.
- Local or remote data logging and control hardware.